Gnome Task Bar

On my Gnome taskbar, I have the Red Hat, 6 quick-links, and the box of 4
windows lined up in a row next to each other.  Then I have a small
square gap about the size of one of the quick-links between two clear
dotted lines.  Next to that I have a blue check (up2date), a gap (some
times there are keys there) and then the date.  To the right of the date
is a blank taking up 1/3 of the bar.  When I open an object, such as my
home folder, mozilla, etc, everything crowds into that tiny empty box to
the left of the check mark.

The blue checkmark starts at the center of the task bar rather than the
right corner.

When I right clicked on the task-bar and selected "Properties" I could
adjust the size of the icons in it.  I adjusted to xxlarge and back to
medium.  Now, from right to left, I have the clock, the key's space, the
check and the tiny box for the open windows, then the rest of the space
is available for quick-links which are spread out between the red hat
and the desktops box.

This is weird.

=====================

I just discovered how to fix the problem.  For those of you who may have
the problem, here is the solution.

Once I got the quick-link icons reduced, I manually moved them to the
left next to each other.  Then I moved the box that shows the open
windows to the left of the four desktop box.  Finally I was able to
stretch the window to the left until it was next to the quick-link
icons. Now I get three icons for open windows across the bottom.

I was going to delete this email but decided to send it as someone else
might have the same problem.

Buck