Re: Samba PDC config problem

Yes I have created machine accounts as indicated by the HOWTO's. And these accounts seem to work, because I can make both the win2K and WinXP machine a member off the domain. Direct after the creation of the machine account I joined them to the domain. On both machines I got a message saying the machine is now a domain-member.

The thing that does go wrong however is logging into the domain with a normal user account. This is not functioning. There can't be something wrong with the user configuration on the samba side, because I can use the username and -password combination on a win98 machine to login to the domain.

After a failed login from the winXP machine I examined the smb log file from that machine. There was no reference to the login name I used. The only reference was to 'smbguest' not being know on the machine. It looks like the logon procedure isn't comunicating with the smb-proces on the linux side as it should.

I now have found several references about tweaking the registry, policy and group-policy editors, mostly referring to encryption stuff. But nothing so far solved my problem.

Here you have my smb.conf file.

--------------------------- smb.conf -------------------------------------
[global]
netbios name = agw
workgroup = APOTHEEK
domain admin group = @admins
server string = Apotheek file server
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
printing = lprng
guest account = smbguest
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 3
max log size = 1000
max log size = 0
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
pam password change = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
local master = yes
os level = 99
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = %U.bat
logon home = \\agw\%U
logon drive = p:
dns proxy = no

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   valid users = %S
   create mode = 0664
   directory mode = 0775

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   read only = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no
   write list = @admins

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[inst]
   comment = installatie bestanden
   path = /mnt/iso/inst
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mode = 0664
   directory mode = 0775
   force group = apotheek

[dpa]
   comment = DPA bestanden
   path = /home/dpa
   public = yes
   writable = no
   printable = no

At the moment I am really starting to loose my hair out off frustration

Koos.