From: A.J. Werkman [mailto:werkman@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 4:31 PM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Samba PDC config problem

I have a RH9 machine, that acts as a login server for win98 clients. This
all works fine.

Now I try to change the configuration in order to accept domain logons from
winXP prof clients and win2K clients.

At the moment I have come that far, that I can make the WinXP and win2K
machines a member of the domain. But loging in with a username is refused.

Windows messages say this is a password issue or the domain controler is
not working/ not available, but the usernames I use to login with, are
usernames, that give me no problem, when I use them to log into the domain
on the win98 platform. So I would say the authentication configuration on
the samba-side is configured well and the domain controler is functioning.

On the web I can't find any clues nor debug setups that will help me
further. Is there someone here on the list that can give me a push in the
right direction?

Regards, Koos.