Re: SV: date for release of redhat 10?

Actually, I'd say the threading (NPTL) changes were a really
good reason to call it 9 and not 8.x
As for calling it 9 and not 9.0 - well:
 If the next release kernel is actually 2.6 then it will have
 to be a 10 release and not a 9.x so no 100% confirmation there
But
 If the next release kernel is .21 or .22 and they go to 10 then
 yes I guess they may be playing the Netscape: 'My number is
 bigger than your number' game :-) unless there are some other
 dramatic changes

Hopefully it will be out soon
I've had 2 problems with the standard redhat kernel:
1394 and USB2
Hate having to boot to Win98SE to copy to my USB2 drive -
fails under all redhat .20 - hopefully some useful changes
will be in the next release
And when I built a .21 with the 'then' latest 1394, dvgrab
worked fine with my DVCam but none of the redhat .20 worked
with it - but my .21 was unstable - too much me changing
things no doubt

Mike Burger said:
> In all honesty, from what I've heard/read, 9 wasn't a major upgrade over
> 8.0, but it received a major number for its release version.
>
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Marie-Therese Lorentzen wrote:
>
>> Is there a major problem with RH9 that it already needs go a whole step
>> up?

<snip>

--
-Cheers
-Andrew

MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!