Fra: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]Pa vegne af Chris Kloiber
Sendt: 14. september 2003 19:11
Til: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Emne: Re: SV: date for release of redhat 10?

Marie-Therese Lorentzen wrote:
> Is there a major problem with RH9 that it already needs go a whole step
up?

> I had installed RH 8 last winter and got it running fairly well, but ran
> into problems after lightning struck my computer. There were so many
changes
> made in my hardware that RH8 no longer is running as well, so I've decided
> to go for at fresh starte with RH9, which I very recently bought!! I was
> planning on installing it once I bought a SATA harddrive and had that
> running with WinXP. It's not something I plan on doing right off as it
> requires money and time.
>
> I don't have broadband at the moment, so downloading a whole new version
is
> not an option with a modem connection. I generally don't like doing
> upgrades, as I all too often run into problems regardless of whether it is
> Windows or Linux.
>
> Marie-Therese

SATA will not work with RHL 9. Might work with the beta (but I have not
tried it, and doubt it's ready.). Keep a regular IDE drive in the system
for now, and make friends with someone who has a fat pipe and a burner.

Oh, and invest in a good UPS if you haven't already. I have 4 all over
tha house. Nothing gets plugged directly into the wall except kitchen
appliances and lamps.

--
Chris Kloiber