Re: SV: date for release of redhat 10?

Marie-Therese Lorentzen wrote:
Is there a major problem with RH9 that it already needs go a whole step up?

I had installed RH 8 last winter and got it running fairly well, but ran
into problems after lightning struck my computer. There were so many changes
made in my hardware that RH8 no longer is running as well, so I've decided
to go for at fresh starte with RH9, which I very recently bought!! I was
planning on installing it once I bought a SATA harddrive and had that
running with WinXP. It's not something I plan on doing right off as it
requires money and time.

I don't have broadband at the moment, so downloading a whole new version is
not an option with a modem connection. I generally don't like doing
upgrades, as I all too often run into problems regardless of whether it is
Windows or Linux.

Marie-Therese

SATA will not work with RHL 9. Might work with the beta (but I have not tried it, and doubt it's ready.). Keep a regular IDE drive in the system for now, and make friends with someone who has a fat pipe and a burner.

Oh, and invest in a good UPS if you haven't already. I have 4 all over tha house. Nothing gets plugged directly into the wall except kitchen appliances and lamps.

--
Chris Kloiber