Re: Another SSH Question

Hi,

Yes, putty will work fine for those commands given. But disconnecting
after you start it will not work. Use screen. There was an excellent
article in Linux Journal several months ago by Marcel Cagne' about
screen. man screen also.

Basically, once you connect to your Linux box, run screen from the
command line. I've forgotten the keystrokes, but open several more
screens and start the programs you want to run while disconnected.
Change to an unused screen and logout. There is a command line you use
to find screen so you can reconnect to it the next time you log in.

Hope this helps!

Rocky