Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:02:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: <edwarner99@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hard Disk Activity
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Is there any way to determine what is causing
excessive hard disk activity on my system. I don't

run

a whole lot of processes, so I really don't know what
the root (no pun intended) cause is.

Perhaps a utility I could install?
Thanks,

--__--__--

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:28:33 +0307
From: Rick Malt <ric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hard Disk Activity

1 . # top
2 . # pstree [ -p ]

Ric

Those don't give me very much info. Top doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. pstree, well is just a tree of processes. I'm looking for what's causing the disk activity, not a list of processes.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com