Re: Doc Savage - Hawking 2-Port Analog Modem Router (was USB Modems)

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 23:28, Colburn wrote:
> I have an External Zoom modem here still in the box that lists Linux as
> a compatible OS.  Bought it at BestBuy about a year ago, as I recall.
>
> When you get an answer to the Hawking device question I'd sure be
> interested as well!
>
> doc

Just for laughs;

I'm using a Netgear RM356 which I bought used from a local tech.  Works great
for me.  It was a breeze to set up and keeps me connected without a hitch.

It's a full Modem/Router.  4 port 10 meg.  The only feature I miss is that it
doesn't forward DNS requests like other Netgears, which only means I have to
tell it what DNS addresses to give out to DHCP clients.

Between it and a PS104 print server (4 port hub) I bought from someone on the
list I have my house networked with a port or two to spare.

Joebewan