Re: untar question

okay, try it like this:

cd /home/satimis/evolution/
cp backup_local.tar.gz /home/satimis/evolution/
gzip -dc backup_local.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

that should unpack your tarball to /home/satimis/evolution/backup_local

next rename the current ../local dir
mv /home/satimis/evolution/local /home/satimis/evolution/local_old

now rename your tarball dir to local
mv /home/satimis/evolution/backup_local /home/satimis/evolution/local

then if you needed to add anything from ../local_old, just copy it over.

Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi shane,

Thanks for your advice.