Re: Sierra Air Card 550, PCS, and RH9

> What sort of bandwidth do you get with your setup?  I know the Air
> Card will provide an honest 40-70kbs.

The bandwidth varies but for the most part I would say it's pretty close
to the rated 144kbps.  I'm a bit surprised that the Air Card only does
40-70kbps.  I downloaded a few large RPM's the other day and received a
constant 15kB/sec transfer speed.  2mb in about 2 1/2 minutes wireless,
anywhere in the country, unlimited usage is pretty damn nice.

The only negative is you can't make or take calls while connected.
However the voicemail and text message indicators still work while
online.

The cell phone responds to the standard AT command set and you establish
a connection using PPP by dialing #777 and logging in with your Vision
username/password.

As for battery life -- the Boxwave data cable also powers/charges the
phone from the USB port so that's not really an issue unless you're
completely mobile.

- James