Re: Stock kernel rpms

Around about 18/08/2003 16:35, Guy Fraser typed ...

I have been having problems compiling drivers for my nvidia based video card.

Is this the nVidia X11 module? I'm having trouble getting that working (it compiles OK, and seems to be byte-for-byte the same as one for a stock RH kernel) for any kernel I compile myself. X just refuses to start.

... I thought that I would just check to see what changes RH made to the stock 2.4.20 kernel and was floored by the number and size of the patches.

To be fair on RH, I think a large no. of their 'patches' are back-porting functionality from later 2.4/2.5/2.6 releases into stable 2.4s.

My request would be that they help Nvidia fix their driver to compile under RH9 {it did compile under RH8} and add support for rivatv or the devices supported by rivatv {I need the SAA1708E video capture driver}.

Which driver, then? As I said, the d/l I have compiles ...

--
  Neil Bird   Principal Engineer                  |

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature