Re: Partition question

Stephen Liu wrote:

Sorry I don't understand "fully transparent to the OS"

Meaning the raid hardware just makes it look like a normal drive to the OS -

I have tried to install RH9.0 after having installed Win2K.  It asked
where to install RH9.0, hda or hdc.  There was not hdb therefore I
hesitate to proceed.

So rh sees a primary disk on the primary controller, and a primary disk on the secondar controller - but not a secondary disk on the primary controller, are you sure you have such a setup?

I would do a sanity check and proceed through the install to the point where you are selecting the disk partition scheme, and look to see where rh says your windows partition is - the install procedure won't actually change anything on your disk until accept the partition changes, you can cancel them out if you see something that doesn't make sense.

Joe