SW installed from RPM and source code: how to fix?

Hello,

In a moment when I would have done better sleeping, I went to a plain
RH9 box, downloaded the libao, libogg and libvorbis tarballs from the
vorbis web site, and installed them from source:
              configure, make, make install.

Only after that I remembered to do rpm -qa, and found that those libraries,
or better their RPM coming with RH9 had been installed initially.

How do I go back to a clean system (no extra/orphan/conflicting files,
consistent RPM db) now? Should I do

             make uninstall for all the source packages,
             rpm -e for the rpm packagesù
             then install only from RPM or source, depending from the version
needed?

TIA,
            Marco Fioretti