Re: Globe Trotter, please stop messing up threads

Cliff Wells wrote:

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:52, Joe Klemmer wrote:

[snip]

to respect the
preferences of those who prefer the threaded view (which includes most
archive search engines).

This double reason is, I think, the most important reason for sticking to threads. For example, if someone wants to go back to the recent "RH9 Laptop" discussion, then they'll find the whole thing under a single thread in the archive without having to pick through numerous other messages.

Respecting other people who actually use the threading available in mailers and who find it valuable (for whatever reason) is doubtless the most important reason. As I tell my children "being nice to other people is the most important thing".

jch