Re: transparent proxy on rh9 ?

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 16:10, Ricky Malt wrote:
> Trying to configure transparent proxy with netfilter and squid.
> squid compiled and installed from source and working normal if
> browser configured for squid-box:3128... but when i tell my
> browser 'direct internet connection' and add these lines as listed
> in Transparent-Proxy mini-howto.
> # iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 3128
>
> along with the httpd_accel and other options turned on ... my browser
> gives the foll. error.

> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
<snip>
> any ideas.
>
> is something turned off in our kernels ?

No it works for me- I remeber getting those same Invalid URL messages as
well, but didn't make a note of the cause:

I ended up with a slightly modified iptables rules (as far as I remember
this was so that squid would see the IP address of the client connecting
rather than the IP of the gateway itself)
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth2 -s 172.21.0.0/27 -p tcp --dport 80
-jDNAT --to 172.21.0.130:3128

As far as my squid config goes, these were the relevant options, and it
was after changing the squid config I got rid of the Invalid URL
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on