Re: Novell buys Ximian

Matthias Saou wrote:

There is a huge difference between supporting GNU/Linux products and
supporting free software... IMHO Red Hat and IBM are respectful towards and
contribute a lot to free software, but company like Oracle definitely
don't. As for Novell, I can't say, but I hope... time will tell.

Oracle recommends linux to their customers, and their database indeed runs well on linux - both of which earn them a lot of points in my book. With so many violent enemies as linux has, we don't want to waste too much time criticising companies like oracle, who are at least somewhat friendly.

Joe