Re: nfs, stupidity = even more stupidity

Res wrote:

Yeah, but the fact we have to reboot is a killer, these servers are full
of drives, that takes 30mins to fsck after an unclean, your way is most
likely better than what we did, but it still meant that server had a mean
downtime, oh well....i spose it wont have to run fsck again for a long
time :)

With ext3 at maybe 5 seconds per journal, that's 360 disks -- that's a huge machine. I'm impressed. Unless you're forcing an fsck and not letting the journal do what it's there for or not using ext3.

jch