Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

Joe wrote:

You can't compare it to either sendmail or postfix -- it's a message store (more-or-less), not an MTA. In fact Contact uses sendmail (or postfix, at a pinch) to transport messages (more-or-less).

In a pinch? what do you mean, postfix rocks!

No, that's not what I meant. There's a lot going on here, but sendmail can use Contact as a mapper to decide whether an message should go to Contact or elsewhere -- the mapper in this case is a process, not a hash table or whatever. There doesn't seem to be a way that we've found of having a process mapper for PostFix -- basically that means all the Contact users need to be under some domain(s) specified to PostFix (e.g. example.com) rather than simply checking to see if a specific address (e.g. user@xxxxxxxxxxx) should be given to Contact. It's just a little less flexible and needs a little more setting up.

jch