Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

John Haxby said:
> Brian Ashe wrote:
> [a well reasoned and fine message]
>
> I wish I was that literate.
>
> jch

Unfortunately, neither argument is a certainty of one
piece of software being of better quality than another.
(even though I have a preference for sendmail)

Be sure to not confuse an opinion with a proof :-)

However, in my opinion, the qmail guy is definitely too
arrogant to trust his software.
Everyone knows that software has bugs, but I definitely
get the impression that this guy thinks his software will
never have security bugs by reading a lot of what he has
said on his website - it's too over-the-top for me.
Good design does not guarantee 'no bugs'

And I love the extreem exaggeration of the statement
"sendmail's design means that any minor bug in 41000
lines of code is a major security risk"
Any programmer will know the stupidity of that statement.
I think working for the MS PR department would be a good
job for him :-)

--
-Cheers
-Andrew

MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!