upgrading os to 9.0

I recently installed apt-get on a 7.3 system that I use as a central loghost.
I didn't want to lose any logging data so i decided to do an in place
upgrade.
I used apt-get to perform the upgrade.
I changed the source list to point to the 9.0 sources, and installed the
redhat 9 version rpm package.
This package indicates the current version you are running.

I ran apt-get update and downloaded 120 megs of packages; approximatelly
100 packages.
It downloaded and installed all the packages.
Then I installed the latest redhat 9 kernel.
I rebooted the system and it came up clean, detecting all my hardware and
my software raid configuration.

Total downtime was 90 seconds for one reboot.
My system is currently running 9.0 and it was a seamless upgrade...

--Luke