Re: Spamassassin on Default Shrike install

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 10:23:20AM +0100, Bryan Hepworth wrote:
> Aaron
>
> I met the mailscanner guy at the recent linux expo in Birmingham. I'm also
> looking at setting it up on a couple of servers running Shrike. If you could
> give me any pointers or pitfalls I'd be really grateful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bryan
The basic use is very simple. You run mailscanner instead of
sendmail and mailscanner calls sendmail to identify the spam.
There are instructions. You train the Basyian part of sapmassassin
which must be at least version 2.5 (the shrike version won't work)
by running a program sa-learn and puts the database in a user
directory called .spamassassin. To be truthful there are things
about it I have not figured out yet but it does identify spam.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.