Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thursday 17 July 2003 14:05, John Haxby wrote:

kprinter -- use it where ever you you use lpr. A picture speaks a
thousand words:

A) please don't attach things to an email that will be sent out to a couple thousand people. Bad form. Put a url to the picture instead (not in html format).

apologies -- I forget that people have low bandwidth connections sometimes, or are using antique UAs.

B) not every Linux app can use kprinter. Mostly KDE apps. That leaves a lot of applications...

I said "use kprinter where ever you would use lpr" and I meant it. e.g.:

   ls -l | kprinter
   "kprinter" in the printer program dialog box in acroread
   /usr/bin/kprinter in ggv's Print Command

You note that none of these are KDE apps. I do get sick of people harping on about how primitive printing is under Linux though when they haven't actually looked at what is there waiting to be used.

jch