Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

On Thursday 17 July 2003 11:50, John Haxby wrote:
> You really should sort out printing under Linux -- it's come on in
> leaps and bounds recently.   In fact I tend to get better support for
> printing under Linux than I do under Windows now.

I still think that more and more Linux apps should be able to pick WHICH
printer configured on the local system to use, instead of just blindly
sending to LPR.  Case in point, I have 2 instances of one printer set
up.  One is set with duplexing (double sided printing) turned on, and
one is turned off.  In _some_ apps, like kmail, I can pick which
printer I want to send the postscript to, but many many other apps will
just send to whatever is the default.  I find this to be a huge
shortcoming wrt Linux printing.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net