Re: Direct Web Streaming

google for video4linux

A friend of mine was serving a webcam with a package called camserv .. you could
start there

I believe redhat includes a package called ecam or xaw that might do it too

Logan Linux (loganlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Quicky for some input:
>
>Avoiding M$ like the plague due to unwanted "costs", does anyone have any
>suggestions or links for getting a web server setup to host web cam streams.
>ie. I want to change the CCTV setup to stream the data over the web so I can
>remotely monitor the "Port/Harbour"
>
>I need to know if linux has good video compression software, what I should
>use to get it to the server and what I should use to get it off the server
>on a web page.
>
>Thanks in advance

>Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to
>http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?
mode=click&clientID=174&referral=Hotmail_taglines_plain&URL=http://ninemsn.com.au/mo
bilemania/default.asp

--
Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line :) *