Re: Mouse resuscitation tricks ?

Scot L. Harris wrote:

Would it by chance be a Belkin omni pro 8 port KVM? I have seen the
same problem with that unit. The 4 port unit from that vendor works
just fine. I searched for some time and tried different cables and put
swapped the systems around. One suspicion I had was the type of
mouse. I am using an HP wheel mouse and I think the Belkin unit may
have a problem with that. For the moment I am using the 4 port unit and
have given up on the 8 port. At some point I want to get an 8 port unit
but that will be awhile. In the mean time I am using vnc to access
several systems over the network from my laptop (wireless network can be
useful).

It also sounds like a problem that I had with a KVM switch made (well sold) by Black Box in the UK. The problem was in the firmware and getting the switch replaced by one with more recent firmware solved the problem.

I seem to remember that resetting the switch tended to fix the problem sometimes. Also using the buttons on the switch rather than the keyboard access (or the other way around) fixed the problem a bit. I suspect Ctrl-Alt-F1 and Ctrl-Alt-F7 would also help.

Nigel Simpson? Not the Nigel Simpson who used to work for Cirrus in Fareham once upon a time?

jch