Mouse resuscitation tricks ?

[This time without the nasty HTML]
My RH 9 system is connected to a KVM switch which I use to switch
between multiple systems. The works well for me except for a new
behavior that seems to have happened since I upgraded from RH 8.

Sometimes when I switch from another system to my RH 9 system my mouse
goes haywire. It behaves as if one or more mouse buttons are pressed
down and it has an affinity with the bottom left hand corner of the
desktop. This of course leads to applications getting started randomly
as items in the desktop menu are auto-clicked, the panel gets dragged
around etc. Other times, the mouse is totally frozen. I can ALT-TAB
around the desktop and TAB inside applications but the only way to
restore mouse sanity is to CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to restart the X server.
I'd like to figure out a way to regain mouse sanity, perhaps by entering
a command in a terminal. Is there anything I can do short of tossing out
my KVM ? Unplugging and re-connecting the mouse doesn't help either.

Thanks !

Nigel