Re: hang on start

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 23:33, Bob Mclaughlin wrote:
> Mike,
> No log in.  The Redhat graphical login screen is where it
> hangs.  The keyboard and mouse have no effect on the screen
> and I can't put the username in.  However, when I look at
> the machine from a WinMe box the drives are accessible.
> Selecting 's' from Grub doesn't leave me any hints on
> screen.  What would the command be?  I'll try the CD soon.
> Bob
>
>From the reference guide:
Under Red Hat Linux, it is possible to change the default runlevel at boot
time.
If using GRUB, follow these steps:
In the graphical GRUB boot loader screen, select the Red Hat Linux boot label
and press [e] to edit it.
Arrow down to the kernel line and press [e] to edit it.
At the prompt, type the number of the runlevel you wish to boot into (1
through 5), or the words single or emergency and press [Enter].
You will be returned to the GRUB screen with the kernel information. Press the
[b] key to boot the system.

For more information about runlevels, see Section 1.4.1 Runlevels.

===End exerpt

I had to look that up, I remembered it being there, but not the steps.

Joebewan