Maintenance Scripts

I have been playing with maintenance scripts and would like a hand with
making a nightly one.

Basically I would like a report of the hard drives free space, a report
of a nightly virus scan, have it delete any temp files, and that sort of
thing. I've been thinking on getting it to email me a complete report
after it is finished up, and I'm not sure how to tie it all together.

What I have so far is this.

#!/bin/bash

# Maintenance Script

# Find and delete temp files
cd /home
find -name *.tmp -exec rm -f {} \;
find -name *.TMP -exec rm -f {} \;
find -name *.bak -exec rm -f {} \;

# Report each users home folder size

cd /home
du -c -h --max-depth=1 > /root/homesize.txt

# Disk Free List
df -h > /root/diskfree.txt

Any comments or help would be appreciated. I'm a script rookie and am
working away at it slowly.

Thanks.

-=/>Thom