Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

Joe Klemmer wrote:

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 16:41, Joe wrote:

Shipping current rather than deprecated versions of important packages doesn't sound like pollution to me -

But remember that RH (and all the other distro makers) must have a
solid QA baseline for all programs/apps they bundle. This process takes
many weeks at best. Between that and the time it takes to master CDs
the versions in RH 9 are quite fine. Besides, this is Software
Libre... If you want newer just get it and go.

We've been downloading and creating rpms of current postfx releases for quite some time, and they work fine. but I'm just thinking how cool it would be if the vendor decided to take care of issues like that - postfix v2 is not new, after all.

Joe