how to configure web browser to auto authenticate at proxy server

hello

i am using a proxy server for my internet connection.

i would like to avoid having to type in the user/password
each time that i initially open the web browser.

i am using rh9,kde,konqueror, and mozilla.

i have searched around and found that konqueror uses a file
~/.kde/share/config/kionetrc, and the format of the files is the same as
a .netrc but it has an added attribute called "type".  i can not find
and information on the type values.

i am willing to use mozilla if it supports this feature.

How to i configure my web clients so that when i use a web proxy
i do not have to type in the user/password ??

thanks

randy