Re: GeeXboX (linux multimedia)

On Friday 30 May 2003 17:02, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> OMG. That is the sickest thing I've seen in a long time! I want one!
>
> Thank you Gordon for pointing out mythtv -- I had no idea this existed
> or would be so professional and robust already.
>
> [...mmmm how many pints of blood = a new happauge tv tuner card to build
> this /me thinks]

I'm seriously thinking about what kind of market there will be for pre-build
Linux based PVR systems.  If either mythTV or Freevo work well enough, I'd be
interested in building systems with all the required hardware, and an easy to
use installer so that the the user installs all the questionable mp3 codecs
and win32 codecs and all that fun stuff.  Interesting ideas...

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: