Re: Extra programs for Red Hat

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 06:46, Igor NestoroviÄ wrote:
> OK,can we make a conclusion regarding this issue?
> As I see it, there are two possible outcomes:
> 1. Do nothing, things are good just as they are.
> 2. Override Red Hat on this issue (since we heard no comment from
> redhat.com people) and try to make things easier for
> to-be-REDHAT-linux-users, in a way to be discussed.

What good would it do to users if RedHat had to stop distributing
on-line and increase prices due to software patent licensing?

What good would it do to users if RedHat had to stop distributing at all
and close the doors?

It's not like one is out of luck. RedHat doesn't bring some software
with it, oh *poor me* here's buckloads of download sites. Some easier
(rpm packages like at freshrpms and other places) some not so easy but
still very easy (./configure; make ; make install).

If one can't do it because he doesn't know, well, I didn't know it
either until I learned.

Learning is good you lazy bastards users from hell ;)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?