FYI, difference after prelinking

third start after installing rebuilt RPMs-
time to login screen:0:50
time to full desktop:0:16
time to start gedit:0:01
memory in use:31%
time to start OO.o:0:14
time to start Galeon:0:10
time to start xscreensaver:0
gears (normal) speed:50
time to start Konqueror:0:06
time to start KDiskFree:0
time to start Abiword:0
memory in use:63%

first start after prelinking (still using rebuilt binaries)-
time to login screen:1:00
time to full desktop:0:15
time to start gedit:0:01
memory in use:36% (ummm...)
time to start OO.o:0:22
time to start Galeon:0:06
time to start xscreensaver:0
gears (normal) speed:50
time to start Konqueror:0:06
time to start KDiskFree:0
time to start Abiword:1
memory in use:63%

second start after prelinking (still using rebuilt binaries)-
time to login screen:0:57
time to full desktop:0:14
time to start gedit:0:01
memory in use:31%
time to start OO.o:0:15
time to start Galeon:0:06
time to start xscreensaver:0
gears (normal) speed:50
time to start Konqueror:0:06
time to start KDiskFree:0
time to start Abiword:1
memory in use:63%

It should be pointed out that the first two boots after installing
recompiled binaries resulted in 5 second Galeon starts.  Also, after
prelinking, the filesystems wouldn't umount at shutdown, but oddly they
were considered clean at reboot.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I rebuilt from SRPMS, I didn't use
any flags.  I just did rpmbuild --rebuild --nodeps --target=athlon.
(Without nodeps, only a handful compiled.  The dependencies were
provided in other SRPMS, and rpmbuild would have found that if I told it
to rpmbuild *.src.rpm, but for many reasons I used a script that built
them one at a time and deleted the source.  (That way, I could interrupt
it and pick up where I stopped at any time.  Plus, it rebuilt a LOT
faster since it wasn't loading the memory with dependencies and stuff
for all of them at once.)