samba, cups and pdf printing fun...

Hi,

my goal is to set up a pdf printer in our corporate network, using samba.
We use rh9, and for regular samba printing, cups is the underlying engine.

This works very well.

Now what doesn't work is my virtual pdfprinter, and this has the following
reason:
To use cups via samba, you have to set these parameters in smb.conf

[global]
	printcap name = cups
	printing = cups

but, to use a script which converts the postscript send by the printer driver,
it has to be set like this:

[global]
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	printing = bsd

the printing=bsd can also be set locally in the printershare.
No problem so far.
But the printcap= parameter is only available globally...

Any ideas?

Yves

p.s. my pdfprinter is shared with this section:

[pdfprint]
	comment = PDF Generator (only Domain users)
	path = /tmp
	guest ok = Yes
	printable = Yes
	print command = /usr/local/bin/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m %I "%J" &
	use client driver = Yes

and I use the print-pdf script which comes with MDK9.1, which works very well,
in case you set the correct parameters as shown above.

As client driver I use the "Minolta Color PageWorks/Pro PS"