RE: I'd like to set up an answering machine.

> I thought it would be a fun project. Can anyone recommend the
> hardware I'd need? I have two lines in my house and I'd also like to send
and receive
> faxes as well.
>
> Anyone?

Are you trying to do something like TalkWorks from Symantec?? Then you'll
need a voice enabled fax/modem. I use a Zoom 2949 modem with Talkworks under
Winduhs. I have mine setup as a voicemail service as well as a
fax-server/machine. I haven't had the chance to really mess with it RH. Busy
trying to get Zaptv to play nice(segfaults on close) with my TV card.

Greg
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/