Re: I'd like to set up an answering machine.

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 10:14, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> I thought it would be a fun project. Can anyone recommend the hardware I'd
> need? I have two lines in my house and I'd also like to send and receive
> faxes as well.
>
> Anyone?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> -Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
> -happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
> -Donor?Black holes are where God divided by zero. Listen to me! We are all-
> -individuals! What if this weren't a hypothetical question?
> steveo at syslang.net

i played with this a couple years ago and recorded my voice thru the
phone and got it to play back.
never set the whole thing up

mgetty-voice 1.1.30 - 0.8.0

i386 | 1580k (installed) | Dec 19 2002 | Red Hat, Inc.

The mgetty-voice package contains the vgetty system, which enables
mgetty and your modem to support voice capabilities.  In simple terms,
vgetty lets your modem act as an answering machine.  How well the
system will work depends upon your modem, which may or may not be able
to handle this kind of implementation.
Install mgetty-voice along with mgetty if you'd like to try having
your modem act as an answering machine.