Re: new kernel 2.4.20-13.9 performance improvements?

My home system (P3/i815) is not as happy with it though; it still
becomes unusable when starting a heavy application. Maybe mouse
"stutter" can be explained by the usb mouse (P4 has got PS/2), but it
still seems to me the disk load is killing  interactive performance.

Anyone care to share some experiences?

So far with the 2.4.20-13.9 on an i815 chipset based computer.

I have experienced two problems. The first problem locks up the computer and causes the cap locks and scroll locks LEDs to flash.

The second problem is that when I rip CDs with grip. It hangs on the last wave to be decoded. It never exits from the wave. I have to quit grip and use the handy script file that someone sent out during phoebe testing to finish up the encoding to ogg file, for the last track.

I plan on installing and testing Arjan's test kernel, to see if it clears up these problems. Hopefully, it will clear these two problems out.

Jim

Klaasjan

--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
- Edmund Burke