Re: kernel 2.4.20-13.9 refuses to allow installation of nVidia drivers

On May 18, 2003 05:02 pm, Joe wrote:
> Elton Woo wrote:
> >   You appear to be compiling the NVIDIA kernel module with
> >   a compiler different from the one that was used to compile

> Did you install a different gcc?
This is what is on my system:
e]$ rpm -q -a | grep gcc
compat-gcc-c++-7.3-2.96.118
compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.118
gcc-3.2.3-4
libgcc-3.2.3-4

Anyway, I got this problem solved.

> There must be some reason the installer
> thinks the gcc in your system is different
> from  the one that compiled your kernel.
>
> I like to rebuild the kernel source rpms
speaking of rebuilding, I'm trying to install TuxRacer from
source, but I must be doing something wrong...
"rpm-rebuild" is no longer an option.  I've done
"man rpm" but I can't identify the proper flag to
use for rebuilding a src.rpm...

Elton

(see my post: "problem installing Tux Racer from source ....")