Re: kernel 2.4.20-13.9 refuses to allow installation of nVidia drivers

Elton Woo wrote:

You appear to be compiling the NVIDIA kernel module with a compiler different from the one that was used to compile the running kernel. This may be perfectly fine, but there are cases where this can lead to unexpected behaviour and system crashes.

Did you install a different gcc?

There must be some reason the installer
thinks the gcc in your system is different
from  the one that compiled your kernel.

I like to rebuild the kernel source rpms
tailored to my system - after booting up
with the new kernel, I do the nvidia thing,
and it happily rebuilds the module -

Joe