Re: Printing to a network printer

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 03:48:14PM +0200, Hans Scheffers wrote:

> I have a Deskjet at a redhat 7.3 system. This printer is defined as a
> local printer on the system
> >From my notebook I always could print to this printer, untill I updated
> to R.H.9. I have defined the printer als samba printer, I also have
> windows clients who want to print on this printer
> Username & password are ok, just there is nothing coming in on the
> printerserver....
> Anyone knows?

Could you please clarify some points?:

1. This is an upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 I think?
2. Your print queue before the upgrade worked fine, but afterwards not
3. Have you tried removing the queue and adding it again?

Please do the following to make a copy of your configuration, in case
it is triggering a bug:

printconf-tui --Xexport > original-config

Then, try switching to the CUPS print spooler.  When cups is
installed, redhat-switch-printer can change over to CUPS for you.

Tim.
*/