Re: Sendmail and squirrelmail

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 06:17:11PM -0700, Rigoberto de la Cruz wrote:
> ??? ok.. I'm confused (sorry about making so many
> questions), but I have a dyn ip. I dont use a
> "smarthost," and everything seems ok. Now, my question
> is.. what drawbacks do I have again? everything seems
> to work well. I have an account at dyndns.org, and i
> can receive and send emails. It seems everything is
> working, but I have been using this configuration for
> only 4 or 5 days. should I worry about it?

If everything is working then don't change anything.

("If it ain't broke, don' fix it!")

If you find that you can't deliver mail to certain addresses later on
(AOl.com, Attbi.com, comcast.com) then you can think about either
switching to a smarthost or adding some mailertable entries to hand
off those domains to your ISP's smtp service.

For now it makes no sense to change anything since its not causeing a problem.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@xxxxxxxx
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an