Re: please excuse this: slighlty O/T (RH 7.3)

Hope I am read this (see below) correctly:

I believe I have same problem when connecting to a Unix-server...was
offered mebbe that there was a firewall problem, that I should shut-off
the firewall, and wrap up telnet (it being a security problem).

If this fits in scheme, I can send the command I was given to close off
the firewall...

This is in lieu of removing or changing identd...which I was told is also
a security measure (for some, at least! ;) )