Re: how to change the Gnome mouse pointers?

Mark,

Not to but in here, but that's exactly how I did it and it works great under KDE, but once you log into GNOME it's the default pointer that came with Red Hat. So I think there is more to it for the GNOME Desktop.

Second, I agree with you - GNOME is really lacking in comparison to KDE in the area of Eye Candy. The things you can do with KDE is phenomenal. As a matter of fact I have been using GNOME for over 3 years now, and I just started using KDE and I am impressed with what you can do there. Also, I don't know if it's me or exactly how to describe it, but KDE feels snappier than GNOME.

Keep an eye out for KDE 3.2 (Not sure when it will be released) but according the development list, there will be some cool new features!!

Bruce