Interchange, perl and RH9

Hello,

Did anyone ever install Interchange on RH9?
This one seems to be a big problem with many issues!
Interchange doesn't work with a "threaded" perl. Does this mean that I need to install an earlier version like perl-5.6?

I did that.
* First I did rpm -e --nodeps on the perl-5.8,
* Then I installed all the rpm's at: http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/perl/RHL-7.2/

Most of the installs went fine, then I also installed interchange from the rpm, that also went well.

Apparently when I installed the "new/old" perl-5.6, it broke all kinds of stuff including vi!

[root@xxxx root]# vi test
vim: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there a way to disable the threading in perl-5.8, so I can go forward to that?

Does anyone know of ANY docs on installing Interchange on RH9?

Thanks
Rick