Re: xmms, old applications and uninstalling kde components

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 22:35, Javier Gonzalez wrote:

> -xmms will not play mp3's for some legal crap. I'll probably get an add on for mp3's.

http://www.fedora.us
or
http://www.freshrpms.net

> -I have been trying to add/remove some applications that I have. Everytime I try,
> however, it tells me that I need all these 'kde addons' (i.e. libatlantic.so.1,
> libatlantikui.so.1, ...) and I can get any software add/removed. I have checked
> repeatedly an all of those files are located at /usr/lib --where the're supposed to be.
> I have no clue what to do? I was used to use gnorpm for those kinds of problems. Does
> anybody know how to solve that one?

Give apt or yum a try, they'll deal with all the annoying dependency
issues for you.

Check out fedora or freshrpms to get packages for them

> -Finally, I installed Moleskine (a text editor ~ equivalent to MS-Windows TextPad) in my
> previous RH OS but it will not work now. It shows me that the running file is still there,
> but there are other files that it's not detecting. Has anybody encountered a similar
> problem?, if so, how in the hell do you solve it?

It probably needs to be recompiled for RH9, a lot has changed since 7.2

Phil