xmms, old applications and uninstalling kde components

I just upgraded my system from 7.2 to 9 (shrike) and I have encounter a rather large number of problems. However, the most pressing ones that I have so far are the following:

-xmms will not play mp3's for some legal crap. I'll probably get an add on for mp3's.
-I have been trying to add/remove some applications that I have. Everytime I try, however, it tells me that I need all these 'kde addons' (i.e. libatlantic.so.1, libatlantikui.so.1, ...) and I can get any software add/removed. I have checked repeatedly an all of those files are located at /usr/lib --where the're supposed to be. I have no clue what to do? I was used to use gnorpm for those kinds of problems. Does anybody know how to solve that one?
-Finally, I installed Moleskine (a text editor ~ equivalent to MS-Windows TextPad) in my previous RH OS but it will not work now. It shows me that the running file is still there, but there are other files that it's not detecting. Has anybody encountered a similar problem?, if so, how in the hell do you solve it?

Thank you all.

regards,

gonzo
http://www.linuxmail.org/