Re: Perl install ruins vi!!

First -- run

echo $LANG

as root.

Make sure $LANG=en_US

Now rerun your CPAN install just as you did before.

If the tests then succeed, all is well. If not, the most probable
problem is that you need to install additional packages or functionality
to support the Interchange installation. You have to check the messages
that CPAN issues to figure out what was missing. Then install the
dependencies one by one.

Search this list for other people talking about Perl issues.

Bob Cochran

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA