Re: scratching noise when moving mouse... really : )

Cheap crappy hardware that has lots of interference. It happened to me
too, on one of my old systems. Doesn't happen with the more recent ones,
though.

This is the reason why some high-end sound/music PC hardware has
everything in an external box, and only a small controller is plugged
into the PC. Even then, you need to be careful.