Re: why does one need an initrd if using LVM?

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Matt Wilson wrote:

> If you've spotted errors in our documentation, please point them out.
> I think that the existing kernel docs are clear.

well, i just this minute noticed the "lvmcreate_initrd" command, which
is not mentioned in the kernel doc file initrd.txt, so i'm about to
check it out and see what it offers above and beyond "mkinitrd",
which seemed to work even though my root filesystem was on a LV.

just another interesting command that didn't seem to be documented
very much that looks like it might be useful, although i'm still
not sure for what.

rday